- On Sept 9th, 1947 Richland county residence and farmers, including T.H Sheppard, Richard Wolford, Beatrice Boals, Florence Frank, Richard McFarlind, Rev. Floyd Eckert,and Richard Gramly made plans to establish a rural camp. The location of the camp was established in Weller Township on an 80-acre tract of land on the Floyd Redding farm. The purpose of the camp was to be used for rural and city youth groups, including 4-H camp. Today the facility is 130 acres of land, mostly wooded with nature trails, campfire sites, several lodges, and 7 cabins.
- The new organization was incorporated on Dec 3, 1947 as a non-profit organization for promoting educational, recreational, and character building activities.
- Richland Co. 4-H camp has been held at RRLC since 1950.
- The Crestview Boy Scouts had used the facility for 20 years
- Currently the Madison Boy scouts use the facilit
- If you have any additional history or pictures you would like to share please e-mail the information to email@example.com